Importance of cat training
Has your kitty turned against you? Well, it may seem that way when he chooses the stereo speakers instead of scratching posts to entertain himself.
Whatís the solution? Training. You wouldnít want all your household goods to turn into cat furniture! Here are some of the reasons why cat training is important.
- To maintain law and order at home: Itís true. Domestic cats have a wild side. Training should begin when your cat is a kitten. If not, issues such as cat scratching can go completely out of hand. Kittens must be socialized from an early age. By introducing cat furniture, cat condos and kitty gyms into your house, you can teach your pet what is right and wrong. Cats normally have a very strong sense of smell. Once they mark the cat furniture and scratching posts as their own, itís uncommon that they would resort to disrupting the rest of the house.
- To safeguard babies and small children: Although the thought of brining a new kitten home is welcoming, there can be dangers attached to an untrained cat. Cats have claws that can certainly do some damage. Itís wise to invest in scratching posts to avoid injury. Again training is essential so the cat is aware that scratching humans is not accepted.
- Introduction of a new pet: Thinking of getting a second cat? Then itís certainly time to train the first one. If not, the cat will definitely feel threatened and you could have a major problem on your hands. Felines are very territorial. It would help to rub your new kitty with your first catís blanket so he recognizes the smell. Your new kitty will be more accepted this way. Your old cat may not want to share his cat furniture, kitty condo or kitty gym with an unfamiliar new smell!
- Exercise makes a happy cat: The last thing you would want is a fat cat! One that lazes out all day doing absolutely nothing. If you truly love your pet you would want him to be as healthy and happy as possible. Exercise is the key. Cat condos and kitty gyms introduced at an early age can help train your cat to work out every day. This will also limit cat scratching as your pet will not be bored. Most cats sleep for about 18 hours in a day! So stimulate when with innovative cat furniture to keep them occupied when they are awake.
- Nocturnal behavior: If your catís nocturnal activities annoy you, then itís important that you train your cat to shift her active phase to earlier in the evening. If you do not provide the cat with some kind of daytime activity such as with kitty gyms, cat condos or scratching posts. If you tire her out early in the evening, chances are more likely that she will sleep all night.
Thus, cat training is very important if you want to have a beautiful and enriching relationship with your pet.
"Copyright © 2001-2009 PlaytimeWorkshop, Inc, All Rights Reserved" Makers of Cat Furniture.